My Recent Cards

topmom5's slideshow for blog album on Photobucket

Apr 23, 2014

I have recently had the pleasure of visiting VivaLasVegaStamps (logo in Sidebar) - housed in a charming little building (house?) just one block off of East Sahara Blvd in, you guessed it, Las Vegas, Nevada.  I was actually in Vegas for a business conference - but took the opportunity when I had a break in schedule to run up the road to this quaint, and wholly underrated little piece of stamper's heaven.  

My first contact with VivaLasVegaStamps was an online order about a month ago - and subsequent email dialog with Jeff, their COO, as i was looking for something I thought I'd seen on their site.  When planning my conference trip I again visited their site, and found they closed too early for me to make an evening trip - but they did advertise that they would stay open late if requested.  When I realized early Wednesday morning I had a break in my schedule that afternoon I fired off an email asking if they would stay open later that afternoon for me.  And surprise! Jeff again responded very quickly said Yes! And followed that up with notes to help me find them - as they are set back off of Sahara Blvd.  

And they were open - and were watching for me when I got there.  This store is amazing, and I was completely overwhelmed!  It has the largest stock of rubber (and yes - even a few acrylic) stamps I've ever seen in one place! The business was, I was told by the young lady who assisted me, founded on the idea of doing something different than your typical cutsie stamps, although they are not lacking in them either! Their selection ranges from classy to cutsie, politically incorrect to humorous, and even quirky to off-color and adult themed, and everything in between.  As long as you don't get offended by the adult offerings, it's inconceivable to me that anyone could walk out of there without finding something!

There are a couple of everything on their shelves - and there are shelves! and more shelves! and yet more shelves!! Their stock is grouped, and then subgrouped - people, places, things, animals, sentiments, etc.  Nearly all is of their own design and manufacture - MADE IN THE USA! - as advertised on their website.  I mentioned while we chatted and I walked the aisles that i was looking for stuff for cards for OWH - and color me shocked when she not only knew of the organization, but also talked about Sandy, and how they'd crossed paths at various trade shows. She also explained their Angel Policy when i asked about possible use of their stamps for profit. 

The on-the-shelf stock is all mounted on wooden blocks, save the "pound of rubber" and sheets.  I suspect in deference to my space/weight limitations while flying, was given the opportunity to take down the numbers off of stamps I wanted and couldn't take with, and have them mailed to me, which I took advantage of.  I prepaid for everything then, and the stamps were received inside of a week from my visit!!!  And given they'd already stayed late for me, I just didn't have the heart to spend another hour to pick through the huge table piled full of used/recycled stamps - at a GREAT discount i might add!

It's not often I find myself as impressed with a business operation as I was with VivaLasVegaStamps. I spent a couple of hours strolling through the extensive selection - and wished I had more time - like a whole day - or Two!!  I know I missed half of what was there - and am already back shopping on their website.  Should I find myself back in Vegas again - I am definitely planning another trip to my favorite stamping store - VivaLasVegaStamps!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love feedback, please leave me a comment...