My Recent Cards

topmom5's slideshow for blog album on Photobucket

Aug 2, 2014

The amount of time I've been spending in hotel rooms has given me lots of time to pre-stamp and cut things - for assembly at home in between of business trips.  This is the largest shipment I've done yet for Operation Write Home, and it's being packaged up for shipping on Monday. 

Sandy's most recent SitRep encouraged folks to seriously cut back on the number of Holiday cards - which i had not even started on yet - so given that I will most likely NOT do any holiday cards for OWH.  I will however, do the cards for the office (well, 2 offices, since I directly support 2 locations.) They've gotten used to me showing up with a box of homemade Christmas cards at the beginning of December, ready for signature and dispatch to the various departments, department heads, selected vendors, and other enterprise senior managers it's appropriate to send cards to.  All told it works out to about 150 cards for the 2 offices...which in between of other 'general' cards for OWH, should keep me busy enough! 

OWH has the 5 'general' themes, Miss You, Love You, Thinking of You, Thank You and Happy Birthday.  Below are the cards in this shipment, broke up into those categories.  As usual, the base cards are all StampinUp cardstock. The background and accent papers and diecuts are from StampinUp DSP stock, or stock from those bargain bin lots available at the national chain big box craft stores.  The diecuts and stamps are from a variety of manufacturers, including cuts made on my Bosskut Gazelle machine, either handgrown or from "freebie" files with generous Angel Policies that I've downloaded from the internet.  I'm finding the Gazelle a boon to cutting many of a single shape or border, while my Cuttlebug is great for cutting a few of something specific, if that makes any sense! 

I'm afraid I'm not as creative as some - seemingly i have a likeing for a particular layout on my cards - but it's one i'm comfortable with.  Maybe with the slowdown of needs for OperationWriteHome, I'll find more time to try to try new design concepts, or to do the challenges, like the MidWeek Throwdown Challenge or Sketch Challenges - that might expand my comfort zone some. 

Miss You




 Love You



Thinking of You





Thank You




Happy Birthday


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love feedback, please leave me a comment...